I am a little over 18 weeks now, which is the start of my 5th month. I am feeling fine, and gaining weight right on target, so things are great....pregnancy wise.
As far as unemployment, some of you know the roller coaster I've been on, when I was first let go, I filed for unemployment, I was denied, about a month later, someone from TWC called me and interviewed me about my termination, she made the decision to overturn the original decision and i started receiving unemployment, then 2 weeks ago, I received a letter from TWC stating that Wells Fargo was contesting the unemployment and i had to appear in phone court. This was a week ago Monday, WF was not prepared, so it was rescheduled for Thursday, I still have not received notification if my unemployment will continue or not, but when I went in and requested a payment for the last 2 weeks, my claim was not denied, so I am hoping this is a good thing! I should be able to debit the money tomorrow, so we'll see if it's there or not.
The job search is dismal, I've applied for approximately 75 jobs, I've had 4 interviews, 2 in the last 3 days. One with Chase bank, i was not hired, due to my recent termination. I had an interview today with a job placement agency and she was pretty frank and said it doesn't look good for me. I am in the "professional" category but unfortunately, so are plenty of others. With A&M being so close, they have a great HR/Recruiting degree program, she said they also tend to accept lower pay then someone like myself. She said she knows of one job posting that had 125 applicants!! I am trying to stay positive, but if the unemployment is denied I am not sure what we will do. I was even turned down at Target! If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment