

Yesterday was a big day for us. I had my 20 week ultrasound and Matt had some much needed surgery on his lower back. Honestly, other then waiting around for Dr's ALL day, everything went great.
The ultrasound was so fun. I asked a ton of questions just to drag it out a little, we had waited almost an hour due to some mix up, so i was taking my time! We saw the face, and hands and legs, and, well, that was all :) we closed our eyes, when she measured the femur and found out the sex. For size reasons the Dr told the tech she needed to know what i am having, the tech said now they write it in the far back of the chart anyways, becasue some moms change their minds, so now they can go back and tell them. I can tell you the HR was 149, no idea if that leans boy or girl, but the whole experience was fun. My iron is low, but the Dr feels I can bring that up with diet, so I'm going to be embarking on an iron rich diet :)
Matt's surgery also went well, although i'm sure he won't call it fun! The Dr was an hour late. For some, this is a minor inconvenience, fo the pregnant women it was nauseating! I didn't want to leave Matt so I ate lunch 2 hours later then normal. The surgery lasted an hour from start to finish. All i can say is he has some stitches, it's pretty bruised and tender and getting him to sit on the couch and rest is nearly impossible! I've given up, if it hurts him bad enough he'll sit, right? He can't lift Garrett for the rest of this week, he also has to stay home all week, Monday he can go back to work, but only office work. He can't lift anything heavy for 4 weeks. This is going to be very hard for Matt, but I think pain will remind him!


No comments:
Post a Comment