So, i figured it was time for a short update. I've been unemployed for 3 weeks now. Jobs are few & far between, I've applied for about 6 or 7, I had an "interview" this morning. I say it like that because she asked me about 6 questions, i was in an out in under 15 minutes. It was with a job placement agency, and basically, she said she didn't have anything I qualified for. In some aspects I'm over qualified for places like that. I'm not looking for a job, i'm looking for a career, so i have higher salary requirements and standards, then someone right out of college. I'm not giving up hope though. I keep saying all this happened for a reason, I'm just still searching for the reason!
I am thoroughly enjoying being home with Garrett, I was sick yesterday, so it was a bit harder yesterday. He went to school this morning and was not at all happy about that. He knows the route i take, as soon as i pulled off the hwy he started crying, "no, Amy". Poor Amy, he likes her just fine, but he sure does give her a hard time when i first leave! He loves being home with me and I'm enjoying it while I can.
We had finally decided to go ahead and have Matt's surgery done on his back. He's been putting it off since Christmas, there just never seems to be a good time. I convinced him it would be better to do it while I'm still unemployed and i can take care of him, rather then me just starting a new job and then having to take time off. Not sure how well that would go over! But, sadly, his boss had to have emergency hernia surgery today, so Matt's surgery is being placed on the back burner again. That is one bad thing about working for a small, family, run business, only one person can be out for something major at a time! We wish Chris a successful surgery and a speedy recovery though!
As far as being pregnant, not much to report. Depending on what i wear you can tell. I had this dress on for the interview and I'm sure you couldn't tell at all, but now I'm wearing gauchos and a t-shirt and it's pretty obvious! I'm hot all the time though, could be the 103 degree temps we've been having. Maybe there's a reason God didn't let me have a fall baby! He knew how miserable I'd be!
I do have to say the house is cleaner then it's ever been. Laundry is always done and we are eating really healthy and well. By the end of the week i do get tired of cooking, but thankfully, Matt's been doing the weekend cooking, so that's nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment