Thursday, August 27, 2009

Swimming

A couple weeks back I went and attempted to buy Garrett some arm floaties for the pool, I had no idea how hard that would be, but apparently, summer swim season is over?!?!? in the stores at least. I finally found a pair at Target, I was looking for some cloth ones, but realized that wasn't going to happen, so I bought the only set I could find. At first, he was a bit scared, he'd been swimming in this boat kind of thing, and this gave him so much freedom. The first day we went, he clung to me the whole time, the second time we went it was better, and so on. Well, yesterday we went swimming and as soon as we got to the pool, his little friend was there and she was already in the water, he sat at the steps and semi patiently waited for me to get them on, and then he took off! without momma! He just walked down the steps and started kicking and swimming, he hollered back, "I fine, momma". I was stunned. I got in the pool quickly, but the reality of it was, he didn't need me. He and his friend, Dorothy (who's 8 and a very good swimmer), would go up the steps, over to the side of the pool, jump in, and then swim over to the steps, all without any assistance from me! Now, don't get me wrong, I was never very far away, but for the first time since G was born, I kind of floated in the pool on a noodle, it was so nice. They ventured over to the kiddie pool and I sat on a chaise lounge!! I know, it was hard for me to accept too, but with the arm floaties, he pops right back up. I won't let him go in the big pool alone, don't get me wrong, but how nice to semi relax and let him play and swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment