Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pregnancy

A lot of people keep asking me how this pregnancy is different then the first, and to be honest with you, I'm not too sure. So far, it's not much different. I have not had morning sickness but I didn't with G either. I am tired, the nice part this time around is since I'm home, I get to nap every afternoon. I do think I'm hotter this time around, but last time I was at work and it was always freezing in my office, so I'm not sure that's a good comparison. I can say I am showing a lot sooner. I am just over 11 weeks and I am in maternity pants, I can't button any of my regular pants. I can still wear my skirts and dresses though, and tops are ok, as long as they are long enough. I can't say that I have any cravings yet, maybe just for carbs, pasta and bread, so I am trying to be very careful about that. I am very worried about weight gain, since i gained so much with G. It was out of my control with all the fluids I retained, but I'm being much more aware of my weight gain this time, last time I just stopped looking at the scale, it's still early, but I'm watching that scale! I'm fluctuating between 4 & 5 pounds gained so far. It's 3-5 pounds for the first trimester and I have a little over 2 weeks to go, so I'm trying!!! Heather is going to take a belly picture of me so I can post it this weekend, so everyone can see the baby.

And, yes, sorry to disappoint everyone, but we have made the decision to not know what the sex will be :) We are going to use G's nursery, he's already moved out of it, so there's no need to know. My friend wants to throw me a shower and i was hesitant, i don't feel like you need one for the second baby, but then she suggested like a meet & greet after the baby is born and i like that idea, that way if it is a girl, everyone can go crazy with their bows and dresses and if it's a boy, well, then everyone can buy us diapers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment