Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Payton at the dentist

I really need to learn how to post pictures from my phone on here!

I finally cracked under the peer pressure and took Payton to the dentist.  Everyone was telling me she needed to go at 1, but we didn't have insurance so I just figured I'd wait until she was 3, like I did with Garrett.  But my dentist, the dentist I work for and Payton's pediatrician were all pushing for her to get checked, so since it's covered under her dental plan and it wouldn't cost me anything I figured I'd give it a shot.  I wasn't sure what to expect, she's not the calmest child ever, and she's a bit shy.  But, she surprised us all and did great!  I called on Monday and got an apt for Tuesday, so we talked about it Monday night and Tuesday morning, then when I picked her up from school she just kept telling everyone "I go to the dentist", sweet child has no idea what a dentist was, so it was just too cute!  She announced to the receptionist that he was there to see the dentist too, which got us quite a few "she is the cutest thing ever".  I knew she wouldn't get any xrays and I remember at Garrett's first apt he just cried, so the Dr was able to get a good look at this teeth.  Payton climbed right up in the chair and opened up real big.  The dentist checked and she has all her teeth except one molar, which is almost in.  Then she brushed a fluoride treatment on her teeth and we were done.  I'm pretty sure it took Payton longer to pick out her prize then the actual apt did.  I'm not complaining, the Dr did not rush us at all, but there isn't much to discuss when your 2.5 year old has no issues.  The only thing I was surprised about was they want to see kids between 1 and 3 every 3 months, so they can put that fluoride treatment on and help prevent cavities.  So, we'll go back in September, then when she's 3, they'll attempt x-rays and a real cleaning.  She was so proud and announced to both Daddy and Stefani that she saw the dentist.  She's getting too big too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment