Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Garrett's eye exam
Last year Garrett failed the 4 year old eye exam and we went to see an eye Dr. The apt was miserable, he cried a lot, we were there entirely too long and then, not having insurance, I broke down in tears when they told me how much glasses were going to cost. What a difference a year makes! We had to go to a different office, since the other Dr doesn't take our insurance, but I think it worked out great. We went to Greene Eyes, and even though they told me they'd have to dilate his eyes, it turns out he's matured enough that he was able to do all the tests and she feels she got a good reading on him, so no drops were needed! What a relief to me and him. Turns out the exam was completely free and while his rx did change a bit, our insurance will cover the regular lenses and $75 towards frames. We found frames we liked for $95 so it would only be $20, but I really want him to have the transition lenses like he has now and that will be $115. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. She did tell me they are getting a much bigger selection of youth glasses in on Monday, so we decided to wait and talk it over with Matt and then see what new frames they have next week. We discussed reusing his existing frames, but they are terribly bent and if they break, we'll have to buy frames and lenses for full price. If we get new frames and lenses, we have a replacement warranty on both, one time for the frame and twice for the lenses, so that seems pretty worth it, we just need to decide on the transition part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment