Wednesday, April 4, 2012

O'Banion Easter

I'm a bit behind, but on Saturday we celebrated Easter early with Matt's family.  His cousin Kelley was in from Colorado with her 2 boys, so we took advantage of the extra family and all got together at Matt's parents house.  This year we opted to skip the Easter egg hunt at the library, there's just too many people and I don't enjoy the rush rush and then worrying about your kid taking off and losing them in the crowds. 

Matt got a last minute call to play in a softball tournament, so he started all the meat the night before, neither of us slept well, because he kept getting up to check on it, then he and Garrett left for softball, while Payton and I got dressed and then ran to meet a customer then ran to find rain boots.  Because of all the rain last week, Honey & PaPa's yard was a bit squishy, so my efforts to get Payton quite Easter sandals were in vain.

In all, the day was very nice.  Garrett played with Adam & Mitchell very well, Payton just hung out with whoever she wanted.  After we ate lunch, the kids did the traditional Easter egg hunt, I think they all had fun, even though by then it was easily 86 and very steamy out.  They ran around in their rain boots and collected as many eggs as would fit into the baskets.  I brought a very warn out Payton home about 3:30 and she napped for a very short amount of time, then we were off to a friends house for a party.  We were super busy on Saturday!!

This Saturday night, I'm going to watch Lindsay get confirmed, she's converting from Baptist to Catholic, so I'll be attending the Easter vigil from 8-11, at night, in the dark!  I have no idea what we are doing Sunday.  We talked about inviting Matt's family over for lunch or dinner and just kind of hang out and relax, but we haven't made much of an effort on planning that, so we'll see what we end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment