Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Sunday

After the Easter vigil, I came home to Matt sleeping on the couch, and dishes and toys scattered everywhere.  I had to clean up, put together the Easter baskets and hide eggs, so I didn't get to bed until after 1, needless to say, I wasn't in much of the Easter mood.  But, when Garrett came in our room about 7 and said the Easter bunny had come, I fed off his excitement.  Payton woke at the same time he did, so we got her up.  Garrett ran right to the baskets, Payton ran right to the eggs screaming Candy, guess we know what she likes, lol!  I let them eat candy for a bit, then we cooked a nice breakfast and cleaned up the house.  Matt's family was coming for an early dinner.  I had cleaned pretty good on Friday, but the floors needed to be done and we needed to declutter, plus all the laundry had to be put up.  After we cleaned up, we took a picnic lunch to the park, we had a great time playing and swinging.  We came home and laid Payton down, then Garrett, Matt & I watched a little tv.  We went from a 4pm dinner to 6, to accommodate Brandon's family.  I won't say I wasn't a bit frustrated.  Matt's brother didn't want to get together with us at all and we decided on dinner to accommodate Lindsay and her boyfriend only to move dinner even later, because they didn't want to "be rude to his family".  Not sure how it wasn't rude to us, but whatever.  I really wanted an early dinner so the kids could get to bed early since this was the first full week of them having to get up so early.  As it was everyone didn't leave until after 8, both kids were in bed at 8:30, an our late for Payton :-(

Dinner itself was really good.  We had ham, fresh green beans, a cheesy potato casserole, rolls and a salad.  Then for dessert we had angel food cake with strawberries.  Nothing too fancy, but all very tasty!

I know I get frustrated around the holidays, I miss my family a lot, and it seems like pulling teeth to get together with Matt's family.  You'd think after 7 years I'd be used to it and let it go, but it really still bothers me.  But, we had a great family day and even managed to get a couple cute family photos, hopefully I can upload those later today.  Garrett and I also talked about the real meaning of Easter and he seems to be getting the concept of God and Jesus and all the stories we tell, so that was really nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment