This morning when I asked how his finger was, he said, it still hurt and then looked at his left hand, and said where did the boo boo go! Lol!!! It's on his right hand. I'm guessing it doesn't hurt anymore!!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Garrett's Boo Boo
On Wednesday, Garrett reached into a drawer and somehow stabbed his right middle finger on a pair of scissors. Poor baby screamed so loud! I immediately applied pressure, but it took me 45 minutes to get him to allow me to put a bandage on it, I was able to get gauze and tape on it and bribed him to take some Motrin, but after 2 hours the bandage was soaked, and when I changed it, it was still bleeding. I called his Dr and they said to bring him in, he may need a stitch or 2!! The poor kid screamed and hollered, kicked his feet, it was just awful when the Dr tried to examine it. I had to cut the old bandage off, and me & a nurse had to hold him so the Dr could examine it. The Dr was so gentle and sweet. Thankfully, no stitches needed. She said he had just taken a chunk out and I should leave the bandage on for 24 to 48 hours. She put a much thicker bandage on and he finally calmed down. He was very careful with that finger, but last night he needed a bath badly, so we put this finger glove thing on it and he took a bath, it came off right after the bath. we convinced him that a regular band aid would do the trick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment