Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Attic Fiasco

On Sunday, Matt & I were putting the Christmas decorations up and getting the baby stuff down. Matt went up first and handed down the lighter, more awkward stuff, then I went up, it's easier for me to be up in the attic because I can slide heavy stuff down the stairs and he can push the heavy stuff up and we don't have to worry about anything falling on my head. There is one little spot in the corner where there is no plywood. Now, any of you that know me well, know I am scared of heights, so being in the attic looking down the stairs is always a challenge! Well, Matt was pushing the last box up to me, it was a little wide for the opening, it got stuck. He pushed, I pulled, it came lose, and I fell over, right into the only spot with no plywood. My left foot went down through the attic floor or garage ceiling, whichever way you want to think of it. I caught myself with my right leg and my arms, on the way through, I nailed my ass on a beam. Garrett started screaming bloody murder, Matt swore, I have no idea what i did, probably peed on myself a little, lol!! I was not worried about falling through at that point, I had myself braced pretty good. Matt came up and helped me up, I was just shaking from head to toe, for Garrett's sake I managed not to start crying. We immediately put Garrett to bed and I took the time to calm down and see how I was. Baby was moving, no contractions, no fluid loss, but god DAMN did my butt hurt BAD! And my groin muscles. I opted not to go to the ER. If the baby had not been dancing around in my belly I would have gone, but I know they can't do x-rays, and having broken my tailbone before I also know they can't do anything for it and I was under the impression all I could take was Tylenol. Somehow I got through the night, but I was hurting bad. I woke up Monday and called my OB, they said it was an injury for my PCP, but I could take Vicodin, so I called them, they said every single Dr in their office was fully booked and they couldn't get me in until Tuesday. They suggested a clinic or an ER. Matt came home and I attempted to drive myself to a clinic that used to be my customer, I had called and she said they don't take appts and it would be about an hour wait, but she'd try and move me up in line since I know the Dr's and office staff so well. I forgot to mention I was pregnant! I could not drive myself, it was pure agony, I was crying it hurt so bad, so I went back home and Matt got G and we went to the Physicians Centre right here in our neighborhood. They literally wouldn't even let me walk through the doors, said they do not have an OB on staff and could not exam me, they said the clinic i was going to go too was the same story, I had to go to the Med (the hospital I'll deliver at). I called my OB back to get some direction, she said NOT to go to the Med, way too many germs I could be exposed too. She told me to go home and she'd call me in a script for Vicodin, if I got any worse or the baby stopped moving, I was to go to the ER, but wait in the car and make Matt wait inside for them to call my name! The Vicodin did the trick, and I had my regular Ob appt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment