I knew that I would not be able to graduate from Kaplan, if I wanted to be an RD, so from day one I have been researching schools and chatting with others so I have a game plan in place. The two schools that offer an online BS in Nutrition are Kansas State University and Eastern Michigan University. Their programs are quite different and KSU is my top choice, but I went ahead and applied to both schools. I have been exchanging emails with the Nutrition advisor at KSU so I knew my Chemistry would be an issue and it was. What I wasn't expecting was to not be granted admission to the school at all, I figured I would be accepted to KSU but have more difficulty getting into the Nutrition program. I received a C in both Chem I and II, sadly prior to 2013, this would have been acceptable, but now they require at least a B, so I am now researching my options to retake those two classes. I quickly looked at Blinns schedule, but I do not think it is doable for me. It is not online, and each is offered for 4 weeks from 4-8 every day, Mon-Fri, I just do not see how for 8 weeks I could leave work early and then go to school for 4 hours, when would I study, or see the kids?!?! That is too much. I am inquiring as to whether the Chemistry that Kaplan offers is acceptable, if it is, there are two terms left before Fall semester at KSU starts, but since I was not admitted to the school itself, I do not know if I can take those and still start in the Fall. I have emailed my contact at KSU and am waiting to hear from her. I am not letting this stop me, nothing will, at this point. I am just trying to find out if I may need to delay admission to KSU until January 2014 or if I can still get started in September 2013.
I have not heard anything from EMU yet, so that is not ruled out yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment