Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Break

Personally, I was dreading Spring Break a bit, from a financial standpoint.  Not only was I paying our normal daycare expense, in March, but I would also have to incur an extra weeks expense and I was FREAKING out.  It would be one thing if the daycare didn't charge for the week they weren't open, especially since the same daycare was offering a spring break camp that my kids could go to, for $240!!!  I could not afford to take a week off work and neither could Matt.   I don't have any family close enough to watch the kids and asking Matt's family to do that would be a lot to ask for an entire week.  I then asked at Payton's school if any of the teachers were off and might be interested in making a bit of extra money, 3 of them were!!  I told them I could only pay $30 a day, but needed them from 7:30-3:30, none cared.  Monday Matt was able to take the kids, so that saved us some money.  Rhonda ended up watching the kids Tuesday and Wednesday and she was AMAZING!  Made the kids lunch, from scratch, baked brownies, took the kids to the park, played with them outside, had Garrett practice his reading while Payton napped and did all the dishes they used, by hand!  Plus had the kids clean up, so I came home to happy kids and a clean house.  Thursday and Friday Reagan watched them.  Reagan has watched the kids before so I knew she was an amazing sitter too.  She also took the kids to the park (for a picnic lunch), played a ton outside, made a fort for her and Garrett to read in while Payton napped, and ordered pizza on Friday so they could have a little pizza party.  She also UNLOADED my dishwasher!  Everyday, my kids were worn out and they had a blast.

Two nights we also were able to go to Stefani and Joe's lake house, that was SO much more fun this year now that Payton is a bit older.  Tuesday night, we fished, I almost got a hook in the throat, but other then that, we all had so much fun.  Thursday night, the hot tub was set up, so the kids "swam" in it for hours, then we took a boat ride.  I am hoping we can go there a lot this summer.  Payton is looking to be as much a water baby as Garrett so it should be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment