Sunday, December 2, 2012
Elf on the Shelf
I loved the idea of the Elf on the Shelf last year, but honestly, I just couldn't justify buying one. But, this year, I got one and I've been so excited about it! I was going to wait until December 1 to bring him out, but Garrett is just having SUCH a hard time behaving at school so I thought it might help him a bit. After school on Thursday, I sent the kids to wash their hands and I quickly set the Elf box on the fireplace hearth. @ hours later, after their baths, I finally said, "Payton, Garrett, what is that?!?!" So much for my great surprise, lol!! Payton didn't really know what it was, Garrett remembered it from the movie right away. We got him out and named him Charlie. I broke from the "rules" and let the kids alternate holding him while we read the story, then Garrett carefully set him on the fireplace mantle. I've had a ton of fun with him every night. The first morning when they got up, he was taking a marshmallow, the second morning he was having a tea party with a beanie baby bear and this morning he was found peaking out of Garrett's stocking. Hopefully I can post pictures soon. Oh, and the second day he was renamed to "Red". And, he has been a big help around the house, still not working at school though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment