In the last 7 days, he's mastered the ability to strap himself into the car, this sounds like a small thing, but it's really huge! He's proud he can do it, and it means I don't have to walk back and forth around the car a couple times.
He's also started swimming with no floaties. That was my goal this summer, I put him in swim lessons thinking that would do the trick. I was a bit disappointed that it didn't, but on Sunday, I took the kids to the pool and finally convinced him he should try, he finally had enough courage and once he took them off, he was done. He's even told me we don't even need them in the car anymore. Sadly, I told him, he may still wear them sometimes. If I'm with Payton in the baby pool, then he'll have to wear them, but he now knows he can jump in and swim all the way to the side or the stairs, and he was SO proud! And, I can see that the swim lessons did pay off, when he swims the way he was taught, he goes so much farther, faster. I might put him in lessons again in August too.
He's also dying to sleep in underwear. His body isn't as ready as he is, so he still wears a diaper at night and naps are hit or miss. He LOVES to drink milk before he goes to sleep (while we read stories). So, he gets to make a choice, no milk and underwear or milk and a diaper. But, he gets to make the choice, not me, and that he likes.


No comments:
Post a Comment