Tuesday, June 21, 2011

16 months

Yep, Payton is 16 months old (well, she was last Thursday, I'm a bit behind here)!! Not a ton to report differently from 15 months, lol, but it's still fun to try and record any changes we've seen.

She is still the best sleeper ever, I've been extremely blessed with a good sleeper. She is a climber, she climbs on anything and everything. Her favorite thing is to get up on the couch and run from one end to the other, probably not the safest game for her, but it's her favorite, not mine! She still isn't talking much, well, that's not entirely true, she talks non stop, but we still can't understand her. She gets her point across pretty good by grunting and pointing though. She hates wearing a diaper, and if she doesn't have shorts or bloomers on, the diapers coming off, I'm hoping this is a sign that she won't be too hard to potty train.

She is just a joy, she is a very happy baby, no temper tantrums as of yet, I know they're coming, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. She loves to sit on your lap, if you're sitting on the ground. She loves to play blocks, flip through her books (on her own, you can't read to her), she is obsessed with shoes, hers, yours, any ones. If she notices you don't have your shoes on, she will go and get them for you and grunt at you until you put them on. And, amazingly, she always grabs a matching pair.

She adores her big brother, and thankfully, Garrett adores her too. Every once in a while he doesn't want her to play with him, but mostly he loves showing her stuff and he basks in the way she thinks he is the funniest thing ever. And, her daddy, she LOVES her daddy. Runs to him when he comes home and if he's really dirty and can't pick her up, she is crushed. I am all but forgotten once he's home, until bedtime, she only wants me at bedtime. (I secretly don't mind)

I cannot wait to see what more this little peanut has to share with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment