Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter 2011

I just realized I never downloaded my pictures or wrote any comments about Easter! So, pretend it's last Monday :-)

We had several Easter Egg Hunts this year, the Saturday before Easter we had the hunt at the George Bush library, I'm not a huge fan of this, there are just SO many people that go, but Matt's family really likes going, so we go. This year we brought a friend of Garrett's, Louden, and that helped. Because of the kids ages, they had to hunt eggs in separate areas, so I went with the boys and Matt took Payton. We were right behind each other, so we got to see both kids, but keeping an eye on all was hard! I even lost Louden for a minute! I told the boys to go fast, meaning grab eggs as fast as you could, Louden took off into the crowd fast, lol! But, he got a lot of eggs and was found very quickly, i don't think he even knew he was lost. Garrett was going for all the green eggs (his favorite color), so he didn't get as many as Louden did, but he got plenty. Payton got 3, 2 she grabbed and one we tossed in the basket for her. She was pretty overwhelmed when the whistle blew and people started screaming and runny. She carried her 2 eggs around a long time thou! We let the boys play a few games, and I think they had fun. We met up with Matt's family for lunch afterwards, so in all a nice day.

The day before Easter, we met Louden's family at their lake house and there was an Easter Egg hunt there, this was more fun, not nearly as many people, but enough to keep it a little competitive. Payton did better, but she kept getting mad that I wanted her to put the eggs in the basket and not just carry 2 around. Garrett got a bunch and was quite happy. Both kids were able to swim in the lake, Garrett did not love it, he preferred the hot tub, or the pool as he called it.

Easter we had to get up early! Matt was cooking ribs at his parents, and needed to go start the fire, so we got up and the kids hunted a few eggs in the house and checked out their baskets, then Matt & Garrett went to his parents and Payton took a nap. It was SO hot on Easter, we ate lunch and had another egg hunt, it was SO hot though! It was just the 3 kids, Ryan wasn't going to hunt eggs at first (he's 14, think he's growing out of it), but once he came outside, Garrett got into it, trying to grab more eggs then Ryan was more fun then trying to grab more then Payton, lol! Payton did a lot better, but was just so hot and red, I was a bit worried about her. Hunny hides money in her eggs, so Payton liked shaking them. All in all, it was a great Easter. The Easter bunny did a bath theme this year. My parents bunny brought the kids big, hooded bath towels, Payton got a new bath toy and both kids got bubble bath. Garrett got a Toy Story Leapster game (I bought a bunch from a friend for $5 each and just saved this one for Easter), Garrett also got some sidewalk paint, we've played with that and it is fun. They also got a bubble gun, I thought this was great, Garrett could "shoot" the gun and Payton could chase the bubbles. After getting it open and outside it would not work :-(, so we need to replace that.

No comments:

Post a Comment