Garrett is loving school! He was moved up from a 3 year old to a 4 year old class. His teacher Ms MiMi, said he loves to learn and wants to please her, he has some issues with keeping his hands to himself, but she said that's more about being a 3 year old boy then anything and they are working on it. Recently she told me she thinks he may be a lefty and I'm supposed to encourage this. As if I wouldn't! But, she said whichever hand he grabs the pencil or scissors with, to let him use that hand. Of course, I'm right handed so helping him cut left handed is definitely tricky, but she gave me some tips and we'll see how he does. He loves to write, they've done the A and the B, for some reason he wants to write the A all the time, the B never, but we're working on it! Logan did not get moved up with him, so his new best friends are Turner and Libby (or new girl, as he calls her). He really does seem to be learning a lot and I"m glad we decided to send him to preschool this year. In the evenings we'll try to get him to repeat some of the stuff they did in school and he'll tell us, "I already did that once today", lol!
He loves to read, we recently went to the library to check out some books and he just stared at all the books. He wanted 2 Star Wars books and I got him a Dr. Suess one, he read mine once and hasn't wanted to read it since, but the Star Wars ones are read multiple times a day. I will stop reading and he will fill in the blanks, I am very impressed by this! If someone didn't know better, they'd think he was reading the book. I'm amazed that he's memorized it that well and that fast. The books go back on Thursday, so I've been spending the week prepping him. He keeps asking if he can get a Luke Skywalker book, I told him we'd look.
I can see his "skills" improving so much, he stays in the lines SO much better, and actually chooses different colors now, he cuts remarkably well, loves to glue things and of course, loves to write. I really hope this love of school continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment