Tuesday, October 19, 2010

8 months





I can not believe that Payton is 8 months old already!! She was 8 months on Saturday. I am just floored at how fast time flies by. She is doing great. She is crawling, quite fast I might add, she is pulling up on everything, and twice on Sunday, she let go! She loves big kid food, cries if I don't give her something she can feed herself at meal times. She still loves baby food and since I figure she's getting so much variety that way, I give her the cereal and baby food and then some food she can feed to herself. She has figured out how to drink from a cup, she does not like the ones with handles, she likes G's cups, but refuses to hold a bottle. She will actually put her hands up in a "stick-em-up" kind of pose, and cry until you pick her up and give her the bottle. Most times, this is fine with me, but every once in a while, it would be really nice if she would hold it herself! She still has the acid reflux, as a matter of fact, we just increased her does on Friday. Sadly, as of today, she is still spitting up a TON! This I hate more then anything, I know it makes her uncomfortable, and as much as Matt & I hate giving her so much medicine every day, we can truly see she is not ready to go off the meds yet. Her top teeth are just below the surface, I can see the one and it's SO close to breaking through. It looks like her incisors are coming in too, no wonder we've had so much trouble with her sleeping through the night!

She still has the strawberry blonde hair and the blue eyes, she's 18 pounds, and oh so happy! She makes the cutest face where she scrunches her whole face up and smiles and snorts at you. I've been trying to get a picture of it, but when she sees me raise the camera, it distracts her.

We are finally getting her baptized this weekend. I know she's a tad old, but we never seemed to have all the family together that we wanted. Since my parents will be here, we figured it was time!

So, Happy 8 month birthday Peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment