Monday, August 23, 2010

Preschool


Garrett started preschool today. He was very excited. I'm not sure he really got that it was any different, it's at the same place he was going to MDO in the Spring. He does have a different teacher this year, but his best school friend, Logan was there, so it was pretty similar.

We got there about 30 minutes late because of Payton's Dr's appt, so they were already in their small groups by the time we got there. He was a bit nervous, then he saw Logan and ran right over to him, pretty much scooted the girl next to Logan over sat down and said, I'm bigger now, are you?

I like this school, it's part of a gymnastics/dance studio, but they have all these wonderful educational programs. They are doing a new preschool format this year. There are only 7 kids total in G's class, I saw a dad signing his son up, so there will be 8 on Wednesday, they have 3 classes, a 2, 3, and 4 year old. When they "play", they are all in the same room, then they break up into their age groups and do the learning activities. They have 3 teachers and an aide, the aide rotates through, so when they are practicing writing letters or more specialized stuff, the aide comes in and they break into even smaller groups! I love this vs a really large preschool class. He kind of gets the best of both worlds.

When I picked him up he was playing great, then we left, and he announced he didn't eat lunch and the falling apart began! I packed exactly what he wanted and he didn't eat it, not much more I can do! I gave him his sandwich to eat while we read stories before nap. I can only hope he starts eating better, I'm assuming he was just so excited and there was a lot going on.

Wednesday, we can go eat lunch with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment