Monday, August 23, 2010

6 month checkup

Payton had her 6 month check up today. She is growing VERY well, she is 16 pounds, 10 oz and 26 inches long, both are in the 80th percentile. She was in the 50th at 4 months, so she's growing really well. Her head is still small, but it's growing just fine for her, the Dr just said she's going to have a small head, but again, I do too, so there's no concern there.

She only cried a little bit for her shots, I was very proud of her!

Matt surprised us and met us there, so it was nice having an extra set of hands!

We didn't have many questions for the Dr. He said she's ahead a tiny bit developmentally, but that's normal being a second child and he wasn't surprised that she's crawling already since she's been super active since birth.

She is sitting up unsupported and she has started crawling, she doesn't go far, and she isn't fast, but it's a start! She goes one or 2 "Crawls" then flops down on her belly, wiggles around a bit, then gets up and does it all again.

Her first tooth also came through!! He said we can move her up to stage 2 foods whenever we want, but no finger foods until she has more teeth, I was hoping to start her on some Cheerios or some teething biscuits or something, but he said nope, wait closer to 9 months.

We talked about her reflux, he said there just isn't much we can do about it. She'll grow out of by 12 months, and until then, we just need to keep the burp rags handy. He said trying a lactose free formula may work, but the formula he has her on is for acid reflux, so he's not sure if a soy based will help or not, but we can try if we want.

Speaking of formula, I've been having trouble finding it in the stores, I mentioned this to our nurse, she came back with 6 sample cans and said they don't use that formula often, so when I'm getting low, just call and she'll keep us stocked with samples!! She said she would check with the rep to see what stores carry it, but she said the 6 cans she gave me expire next month and they figured they were going to have to toss them. I'll be emailing them regularly!!

I asked about the Hemotoma's on her eyes and he said they should go away on their own by 2, but if not, we'll visit other options then, so he said I shouldn't worry.

We go back at 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment