Oh, i can't believe I forgot to post Payton's 5 month birthday! I took pictures, but by the time you upload them onto the computer, then to Kodak, then share them, then onto facebook, I guess I forgot the blog!
Yes, my little Peanut is 5 months old! She is rolling and squirming everywhere. She can now get to a toy if she wants it. It might take her a little while, but she gets there. She turned 5 months on Friday, Saturday morning she discovered she has a voice, and boy does she like hearing herself! By the time she fell asleep Saturday night, I had a headache, that girl can talk. She is trying to sit up, she does this tripod type sit up, then usually falls on her face or rolls on her side.
We started baby food on Monday night. We finally got her high chair down from the attic and she looks so tiny sitting in it, but she loves it! She had sweet potatoes the last 2 nights and those are a big hit. Now that I'm feeding her in the high chair and not the Bumbo seat, she isn't making as much of a mess.
Monday, I decided it was time to firm up her nap schedule a bit more, but she had her own ideas! The research I did said to keep her up for 3 hours (I was going for closer to 2), well, at 2 hours she fell asleep on me at Target! She took a 30 minute nap and then about 2 hours later another 30 minutes, but her next nap was 3 hours long! I was feeling quite proud of myself. Today, she napped for 1.5 hours at church....and that was almost it for the day! She slept maybe 10 minutes on the way home from church and that just messed everything up. At 4, she finally passed out, but only slept for 30 minutes, so she was in bed a little after 7! Baby girl was beat.
Her hair is coming in blonder, so we are about to say good bye to the red, I think. Her eyes are still blue. I wish I had noted when Garrett's changed, so I could compare, but I"m still holding out some hope she'll get her Daddy's blue eyes. I need to weigh her, but her and the car seat are 26 pounds! No wonder it's so heavy to carry around. If I can, I just carry her and leave the car seat in the car.
I am officially back to my pre pregnancy weight :) I am now working on losing the last 10 I never lost after I had Garrett. I figure I'm going to keep working out as hard as I can until I finally do go back to work, i figure it will become much harder at that point.
I did decide to start weaning her. I have cut out one feeding, the mid morning one, and it's made life a LOT easier. I don't have to worry so much about when we can go to the gym, or about taking her to the nursery for bible study, or running errands. Maybe it's a selfish decision, but I still pump first thing in the morning and get enough for 2 feedings, so she's still 100% getting breastmilk.


No comments:
Post a Comment