Friday, July 6, 2012

Matt's Birthday

Matt's birthday was June 25.  For those that don't know, Matt, his mom, dad, brother and Father's day all fall in the same month.  It's kind of like a repeat of February!  Poor Lindasy, her birthday isn't until July :-(  But, because Matt's birthday was on a Monday, and we both had to work, we ended up having his family come to dinner.  I tried a new recipe for spaghetti in the crockpot.  I had to work until 5, and for some crazy reason, we ended up not leaving work until 5:45, it is the latest I've worked since going back to work, and it had to be on his birthday!!  Thankfully, dinner was in the crockpot, and all Matt had to do was make the pasta.  We had a record high of 106, so needless to say, our poor a/c unit was struggling, it was SO hot in the house.  The heat doesn't usually bother me and I was dying so I'm sure Mat's family was not enjoying it either!  It took forever for the water to boil for the pasta because the a/c was blowing right on the pot.  I think everyone enjoyed it.  I think it could have used a bit more spice, but honestly, it was very good and super easy.  For Father's day we had gotten Matt some new shirts, which he desperately needed, so for his birthday, we got him a new bedside lamp, which he's been asking for forever, a star wars tshirt and a new bathing suit.  I think he had a good time.  Funny how our lives have changed, no going out for a crazy, late night out of drinking and celebrating, I'm pretty sure we were in bed by 10, lol! 

We were lucky enough that Mat's parents watched the kids on Saturday night for us, and we went out to eat and had a couple drinks.  Matt wasn't feeling great and we were both exhausted, so we didn't stay out late, it was just very enjoyable to have a meal where I didn't get up 3 times to take someone potty and I could eat my meal while it was still hot and I didn't get heartburn from inhaling it.  Happy 36th birthday Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment