Tuesday, October 18, 2011

3 years

That's how long we've owned this house.  It's the longest I've lived in any one "dwelling" since I lived with my parents, so this is pretty big.  I love this house, and I mean love it.  I picked it out, I convinced Matt we needed it, I enjoy it so much.  I love the hardwood floors we picked out and the tile and the granite counter tops.  I love that the rooms that are painted, I did all by myself.  No one helped.  Matt probably helped pick out the colors, but I did all the taping and painting.  I love that it's on a cul de sac and I don't have to freak out if the kids are playing out front and a ball runs in the street, and I love that Garrett can ride his bike around the circle and I'm not worried.  I love that the backyard is huge and while we don't have a lot out there, we can run and play.  I love the minimal landscaping, for those that saw our old house, you know this is huge for us, lol.  I'm just not much of a green thumb, weeding is not a job I enjoy.  I love the gas fireplace, and all the windows that let in so much fresh air (when it's cool enough to open them) and tons of sunlight.  I think the only thing I don't like is that the sun sets in the back of the house, so the backyard gets pretty steamy in the summer and the kitchen gets hot.  But, we have adjusted to that and we play in the front yard at night and the back yard in the morning.  I love the open floor plan.  I love that our room is on the opposite side of the house from the kids, but I can still hear them, and that Garrett's door squeaks a little, so I hear him when he gets up.  I love my kitchen setup (although I'd still love a stainless stove and microwave).

This house is my dream home, and I love it.  That's why it pains me so much to say we are selling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment