Saturday, July 30, 2011
Remote control
So, yesterday was not one of my finer days, I was just not having a great day, felt tense, seemed irritated by everything. My kids whining and hanging off me might have had something to do with that. But, after Payton took a horribly short nap, and I got maybe 30 minutes of me time (i needed a LOT more!!), her and I were playing on the couch when she grabbed the remote and was just kind of swinging it and it hit me smack in the mouth, it hurt SO bad. I instantly teared up and then felt myself explode. It was a culmination of many things, but the remote to the mouth pushed me over the edge. I did not yell or scream, I took the remote from her and walked out of the room. I laid on my bed and cried. I knew she was safe in the living room and let's face it, I needed to release all the pent up frustration I was feeling and rather then scream or take it out on my 18 month old, who did not deserve that, I decided going in my room for a mini time out was best. Next thing I know, I hear her climbing up on my bed. (I was laying face down) She came over and patted my back and then brushed my hair out of my face and with her big toothy grin, got right in my face and said, "momma, momma, hi". How can you resist that?!?! I cried a bit more, because then I felt guilty for being mad at her and she's just so sweet. But, then I rolled over and we had a nice game of tickle. I know we both felt better after that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment