I thought I would lose my mind last night. Payton has such a tiny bit of hair, to walk over to her and find a bunch of it in her hand. I freaked out.
While I was making dinner, the kids were coloring and Garrett was cutting out some pictures, he loves doing both right now, so I was encouraging him. I walked over to thank them for behaving so well while I got dinner finished and Payton handed me a huge chunk of her hair. I literally fell apart. I yelled at Garrett to get in his room and I started bawling. I completely over reacted, and I know that, but I still couldn't stop myself. I was just devastated that he had cut her hair.
In all honesty, even though he cut a LOT of hair, you pretty much can't tell. He cut all the long stuff on top, and most of the right side of her head, but since it's growing in so slowly and uneven, you probably can't tell unless you look close and see the blunt cut to it. Her pony tail will just be really thin and kind of lopsided.
Still he is grounded and can't use scissors, he had to go to bed early and he isn't allowed to watch tv for a few days. Later on Garrett was practicing his letters at the table, I changed Payton into her pj's, and followed her into the kitchen, where without prompting, she walked over and gave Garrett a big kiss, it made me tear up again. I guess she was showing me she loved him no matter what and that mom, it really is just hair. Get over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment