Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eye Dr

At Garrett's 4 year well visit, they did an eye exam and he did not pass. I started wearing glasses when i was around 3 or 4 and Matt started in elementary school, so we figured Garrett would need them too, I just was hoping it would be later on.

Today we had his eye Dr appt. It was a long appt and it was so boring for a 4 year old, he did great until they put the drops in to dilate his eyes, then it went downhill, fast! He did not like the drops. But, in all, his eyes are healthy, he needs corrective lenses for both eyes, but the right eye is worse then the left. He has an astigmatism in both, but the right is more prominent (I think that's what she said).

He will need to wear glasses for school, watching TV and reading books, but not for playing outside.

We are going this weekend to get him some frames and lenses, I'll post a picture once he's got them.

No comments:

Post a Comment